ATTENTION DOVE HUNTERS: Looking for another way to cook your doves? Field Hudnall and his wife Jessica demonstrate their favorite way to prepare doves in this short step by step video. Dove egg rolls are always a crowd-pleaser, and you can cook them anywhere!!!
- Fresh Dove Breast
- Fresh Cole Slaw (raw, no mayo or seasonings)
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
- Swiss Cheese Sandwich
Slices, Kraft Singles
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Peanut or Vegetable Oil
- Filet the breast meat off of the bone and dice it into 1/4-3/8″ pieces.
- Sautee the breast meat in olive oil over medium heat — flavor with Creole seasoning to taste and cook until medium-rare.
- Season and soften your slaw: Add your slaw and creole seasoning (to taste) to a ziplock back and microwave for 3-4 minutes to soften.
- Strain your dove breast meat and combine it with your slaw.
- Prepare your Egg rolls with 1/2 of a Swiss cheese slice and two tablespoons of your slaw and breast meat.
- Wrap up your rolls, and deep fry them at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Dry on a rack and allow them to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Although no additional flavor is needed, you can provide an optional dipping sauce by mixing 1 part rice vinegar and 1 part soy sauce.